JOB POSTING – Tunnelling Technician with IPC
We are a growing tunneling contractor based in Calgary, AB that offers its employees exciting opportunities for career growth, a great working environment, and competitive compensation.
The Company: Innovative Pipeline Crossings Inc. (IPC) specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection.
- IPC is respected in the trenchless contracting industry by clients and employees alike, for our integrity, commitment to excellence, and customer orientated service.
- Our great team of staff are the best in their field. They are committed to collaboration, quality, and safety. We invest in our people, and they deliver excellence.
- We believe in leading through innovation and providing superior value and service to our clients and partners by with safe, high quality, and environmentally conscious trenchless solutions.
The Position: As we are expanding our field of operations, we are in need of more specialized and experienced to join our team. We’re looking for someone experienced and motivated to join IPC in the position of Trenchless Technology Mechanic. This position requires knowledge, experience, and expertise in the maintenance, repair, and servicing of equipment used in Micro Tunneling, Horizontal Direction Drilling (HDD), Auger Boring, and Direct Pipe trenchless installations.
- Equitable pay based on experience
- Onsite premiums and applicable overtime
- Health spending account and extended benefits
- Living out allowance and travel expense coverage
- Demonstrated understanding of trenchless equipment
- Industrial Mechanic / Millwright certification
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a technician / industrial mechanic
- Relevant work experience with Micro-Tunnel Boring Machines (MTBM), Direct Pipe Installations (DPI), Auger Boring, and/or Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
- Overhead Crane and Forklift tickets are an asset
- Knowledge and experience in working with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Action oriented, maintaining high levels of productivity and able to work long hours when necessary
- Skilled at problem solving; recognizing interrelationships, using rigorous logic and methods to make well-informed decisions and find solutions
- Ability to work independently; taking initiative and prompt action to achieve goals and meet needs without being asked
- Safety awareness; aware of conditions and circumstances that may cause damage to personnel or property
- Stress tolerance; maintaining performance under pressure and handling oneself in stressful situations in a manner that is professional and courteous
- Team focus; participating as an active and contributing member, working cooperatively with others, collaborating and communicating effectively to achieve positive results
- High level of technical expertise; demonstrated through problem solving, applying professional judgment, and competent performance
- German language proficiency is an asset as several safety, work and equipment manuals are in German
- Maintain and service equipment used in direct pipe installations, microtunneling, and auger boring
- Troubleshoot issues with equipment, conduct required repairs, prepare service logs
- Assist with equipment set up, and equipment disassembly
- Train machinery fitters and other staff in the technical operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Regularly required to sit and walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Required to work in outdoor weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat
- Required to work in confined spaces
This position is assigned to the equipment yard, located at 285050 Wrangler Way S.E., Rocky View County, AB
Office: 340 Midpark Way SE, Suite 300, Calgary, Alberta T2X 1P1 Office Phone: +1-403-455-0380
For more info, email: email@example.com
Why Should You Apply?
- Industry experience with a high performing team
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development and specialized training available