Innovative Pipeline Crossings is looking to fill the role of 1 experienced Tunneling Manager. This role is responsible for the safe, technical and economical execution of the company’s projects in the field. Together with the Project Manager, and Construction Manager, he will lead on the site operations team and supervise and coordinate the activities of tunneling crew and workers. This position reports to the Technical Manager on the project site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure shaft/tunnel work is carried out in a safe manner and to the specified quality requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the crew to ensure the project schedule and deliverables are completed, and all work activities are carried out in accordance with the Project Execution Plan
- Establish plans and methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Ensure Inspection Test Plans are followed and executed accordingly
- Assist with arranging sub-contractors and site logistics, including overseeing subtrades
- Run daily site meetings, and complete required daily reporting
- Monitor tunneling progress in coordination with the Operators and the Surveyor to ensure machine stays within stipulated tolerances, and provide daily status reporting / production reports to management, assisted by the Project Engineer
- Ensure quality control measures are met on site and appropriate documentation is made
Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and actively initiate procedure improvements.
- Train workers in the specific processes, methods and best practices of Microtunneling and shaft sinking
- Troubleshoot technical and mechanical failures of the machine, making recommendations in collaboration with TBM technicians, mechanics and electricians
- Inspect equipment, ensuring that repairs, service, and maintenance are completed when required
- Assess possible risks or challenges and create a plan for mitigating risks, in collaboration with the Technical Manager, HSE Manager, and VP Operations
- Promote safe working conditions and support HSE Supervisor (or HSE representative on site) with ensuring the HSE standards of the company and the client are followed by crews, and that all safety documentation is being completed
- Ensure compliance with all project specific environmental constraints.
This individual will have the following responsibilities during the segmental shaft sinking portion of the project works;
- Must be able to lead the shaft excavation/sinking crew
- Responsible for the safe excavation and sinking of the shaft with other activities including, excavation, collar construction and cutting-edge installation
- Report any faults or breakdowns on equipment.
- Coordinate with the Fitting Team and Electrical Team to arrange repairs and facilitate maintenance works.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Ensure the ring building and grouting operation are conducted to the correct quality to ensure water tightness of the final shaft.
- 3-5 year’s experience in segmental shaft / microtunnel operations
- Technical and practical experience in executing and managing tunneling projects
- Experience of jacked segmental caisson sinking essential using front/back bolted segments and other methods such as insitu pours
- Experienced in hand mining
- Competent for day to day logistic management of the shaft sinking and tunneling
- Skill and experience on slurry TBM beneficial
- Experience of lubrication of grout mixing and use
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and handle competing priorities
- Proven leadership, conflict resolution, communication, and analytical skills
- No formal education requirement
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Employee will be required to work in outdoor weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat
- Required to work in confined spaces
- Other Relevant Information:
This position is full time, and is assigned to various project locations during operations.
Extended periods of working away and travel is required in this position
- Hours of work are 10-12 hour shifts, 5-7 days a week, dependant on project schedule and phase.
- Position is overtime exempt.
- Salary range for this position is $130K – $150K annual
- Benefits include Dental, Extended Health Care, Life and Disability Insurance
- Housing allowance / accommodations, and vehicle provided
- Project related travel expenses, including required Air travel are company paid
- Living out allowance paid as applicable, while on projects
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Pre-access Drug test required
- Safety tickets may be required, as per project requirements
To apply email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Back to Careers Page