JOB POSTING – Micro-Tunnel Boring Machine Operator with IPC
We are a growing tunneling contractor based in Calgary, AB that offers its employees exciting opportunities for career growth, a great working environment, and competitive compensation.
The Company: Innovative Pipeline Crossings Inc. (IPC) specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection. Our trenchless tunneling technology, Direct Pipe, presents unique cost saving and scheduling opportunities for challenging pipeline and municipal projects.
- IPC is respected in the trenchless contracting industry by clients and employees alike, for our integrity, commitment to excellence, and customer orientated service.
- Our great team of staff are the best in their field. They are committed to collaboration, quality, and safety. We invest in our people, and they deliver excellence!
- We believe in leading through innovation and providing superior value and service to our clients and partners by with safe, high quality, and environmentally conscious trenchless solutions.
The Position: As we are expanding our field of operations, we are in need of more specialized and experienced to join our team. We’re looking for someone experienced and motivated to join IPC in the position of Micro-Tunnel Boring Machine (MTBM) Operator. This position is responsible for the safe, technical, and economical operation of the tunnel boring machine, through the control container, to ensure each project is executed within the approved schedule and according to project parameters.
- Equitable pay based on experience
- Onsite premiums and applicable overtime
- Health spending account and extended benefits
- Living out allowance and travel expense coverage
- Demonstrated understanding of trenchless equipment
- An education in the tunneling or oil field industry, such as Operator, Driller, Heavy Duty Machinery Operator
- Minimum 2 years of specialized experience as an MTBM Operator
- Relevant work experience with Micro-Tunnel Boring Machines (MTBM), Direct Pipe Installations (DPI), and/or Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
- Action oriented, maintaining high levels of productivity and able to work long hours when necessary
- Ability to work independently; taking initiative and prompt action to achieve goals and meet needs without being asked
- Safety awareness; aware of conditions and circumstances that may cause damage to personnel or property
- High stress tolerance; maintaining performance under pressure and handling oneself in stressful situations in a manner that is professional and courteous
- Adaptable to changes in assignments and priorities; adapting behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
- Quality orientated, monitoring and checking work to meet quality standards; demonstrates a high level of care and thoroughness
- High level of technical expertise; demonstrated through problem solving, applying professional judgment, and competent performance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the tunnel boring machine according to provided tunnelling parameters
- Actively participate in MTBM system assembly and disassembly during mobilization and demobilization periods
- Responsible for daily maintenance and routine repairs of tunnel boring machine
- Complete Inspection Test Plans on all MTBM utility connections
- Monitor line and grade to ensure alignment remains within tolerances described in project plans and specifications
- Participate in tailgate and operations meetings, and assist with the issuance of daily reports
- Assist with equipment troubleshooting
- Participate in pre-planning meetings with management and sub-contractors
- Maintain accurate records of jacking operations per specified forms
- Regularly required to sit and walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Required to work in outdoor weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat
- Required to work in confined spaces
This position is assigned field locations during operations. Extended periods of working away and travel is required in this position.
Office: 340 Midpark Way SE, Suite 300, Calgary, Alberta T2X 1P1 Office Phone: +1-403-455-0380
For more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Should You Apply?
- Industry experience with a high performing team
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Professional development and specialized training available