Job Posting – Project Engineer
Innovative Pipeline Crossings Inc. (IPC) specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection. IPC is respected in the trenchless contracting industry by clients and employees alike, for our integrity, commitment to excellence, and customer orientated service.
- Our great team of staff are the best in their field. They are committed to collaboration, quality, and safety. We invest in our people, and they deliver excellence!
- We believe in leading through innovation and providing superior value and service to our clients and partners by with safe, high quality, and environmentally conscious trenchless solutions.
The Position: As we are expanding our field of operations, we are in need of more specialized and experienced to join our team. We’re looking for someone experienced and motivated to join IPC in the position of Project Engineer. This position is responsible for assisting the business development and operations department with reviewing requests for proposals, preparing bid packages, and developing proposals for future projects. This includes the review of all received bid documents, collecting the necessary technical and commercial information, drafting the proposal package, and assisting in the development of design and pricing for each project. Experience with Micro Tunneling, Horizontal Direction Drilling (HDD), Auger Boring, and Direct Pipe trenchless installations is an asset.
- Equitable pay based on experience
- Health spending account and extended benefits
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct a detailed analysis of received contract requirements and request for proposal packages
- Coordinate the proposal process through scheduling tasks, gathering resources, and preparing the proposal within client’s deadlines
- Assist in developing cost estimates for each bid
- Work with engineering consultants to validate or create new crossing designs
- Generate and compile all necessary technical and commercial documents required for bid submission
- Support operations as required
- Delivery of comprehensive, timely, and professionally produced proposals
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment
- Conducting detailed document review
- Document template management, in line with company branding and client reporting requirements
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, with excellent organization and coordination skills
- Excellent oral, verbal, and written skills
- Strong in Word, Excel, and other document creation software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Education – A bachelor’s degree (4 year) or higher in Engineering, or related technical field
- Relevant Work Experience – Knowledge of drilling/tunnelling systems, regulatory agency requirements and industry standards, and experience with Micro-tunneling Machines and/or Direct Pipe technology
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Registered as an EIT or eligible to pursue a P.Eng certification with APEGA
- Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
- Able to learn and properly apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving skills; breaks down problems into components and recognizes interrelationships. Compares data, information, and inputs from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; and then takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resources requirements; determines necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals.
- Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments.
- Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals beyond job requirements
- Maintains effective performance under pressure; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Demonstrates a high level of care and thoroughness; creates quality documents, and checks work to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 bbs.
- Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Office: 340 Midpark Way SE, Suite 300, Calgary, Alberta T2X 1P1
Office Phone: +1-403-455-0380
For more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Should You Apply?
- Industry experience with a high performing team
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development and specialized training available