Job Posting – Project Manager
We are a growing tunneling contractor based in Calgary, AB that offers its employees exciting opportunities for career growth, a great working environment, and competitive compensation. Innovative Pipeline Crossings Inc. (IPC) specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection.
IPC is respected in the trenchless contracting industry by clients and employees alike, for our integrity, commitment to excellence, and customer orientated service.
- Our great team of staff are the best in their field. They are committed to collaboration, quality, and safety. We invest in our people, and they deliver excellence!
- We believe in leading through innovation and providing superior value and service to our clients and partners by with safe, high quality, and environmentally conscious trenchless solutions.
The Position: As we are expanding our field of operations, we are in need of more specialized and experienced people to join our team. We’re looking for someone motivated to join IPC in the position of Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for the safe, technical and economical execution of the company’s project in the field. Together with the Project Director and the Construction Manager, he will be part of the Site Management. This position will develop and provide technical, project management and cost-control support on an operational level.
- Equitable pay based on experience
- Health spending account and extended benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Project Execution Plan, Inspection Test Plans, will be followed and executed accordingly
- Maintain customer relations during the project duration to client’s counterpart, providing reporting and status updates as required
- Participate in pre-planning meetings with the client, sub-contractors and internally
- Regularly review budget, costing, and controls to ensure execution of the project within the budget, and communicate budget status to VP Operations
- Ensure schedule stays current, updating as required, and maintaining the execution of the project within the final and approved schedule
- Assist with site logistics, including crew travel schedules, trucking deliveries
- Procurement and coordination of sub-contractors and their crews and ensure their reporting and work
- Participate in daily site meetings, and reporting
- Approve field tickets and invoices, timecards, POs
- Monitor job progress, and provide daily status reporting to clients and senior management
- Ensure quality control measures are met on site and appropriate documentation is made
- Assess possible risks for projects, and create a management plan for mitigating risks, in collaboration with the Proposal Manager, HSE Manager, and VP Operations
- Ensure the HSE standards by the client and the company will be followed and executed by all team members
This position will involve managing and supervising overall site crew as well subcontractors
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of various techniques and tools required, such as budgeting, costing, scheduling, etc.
- Ability to create project execution plans, using bid documents and other resources
- Knowledge and experience in strategic planning, risk management, and / or change management
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and handle competing priorities
- Budget management skills, including knowledge of cost allocation and forecasting
- Proficiency in project management software tools, and Microsoft Office suite
- Proven leadership, conflict resolution, communication, and analytical skills
- Education – An education in the tunneling or oil field industry, such as Driller, Heavy Duty Machinery operator or another related field experience are required
- Education – A bachelor’s degree (4 year) or higher in Engineering, OR related technical field experience. Minimum 2 years of specialized experience in the field, as well at least 2 year’s experience in a leadership or supervisory positions.
- Relevant work experience – knowledge and experience with Microtunneling Machines and/or Direct Pipe technology are preferred
- Adaptabilty: Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
- Collaboration: Builds constructive working relationships with clients/customers, other work units, community organizations and others to meet mutual goals and objectives. Behaves professionally and supportively when working with individuals from a variety of ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
- Client Focus: Makes customers/clients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (including direct reports); gains customer trust and respect; meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Decision Making / Solution Driven: Breaks down problems into components and recognizes interrelationships; makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions. Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Team Leadership: Communicates a vision and inspires motivation; engages with others (direct-reports and peers) in team process to solve problems; works to find a win/win resolution of differences; is aware of how management style impacts staff productivity and development; modifies leadership style to meet situational requirements; helps team stay focused on major goals while managing within a context of multiple directives.
- Work Standards: Sets high standards and well-defined, realistic goals for one’s self; displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervisor; is motivated to achieve.
- Communication Skills: Must have very good written and oral communications. Required to speak effectively before groups of clients, subcontractors, and/or employees of the organization. Educated in Intercultural Management to be able to manage the international teams working for the company
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains effective performance under pressure; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Office – While performing the duties of this job, requirements may include prolonged standing, walking and/or sitting. Computer work is also required which will involve visual focus on screens and documents.
- Field – While performing the duties of this job, requirements may include use of hands to handle/feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally requirement to climb stairs and/or ladders, balance, stoop or kneel and/or walk on uneven ground. You may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to hear equipment alarms, voices, radio transmissions, and other noises consistent with construction sites. Ability to work in all weather conditions, inside and outside.
Other Relevant Information
- This position is assigned to the Corporate Office and to field locations during operations.
- Travel is required in this position.
Innovative Pipeline Crossings Inc. is based in Calgary, AB
Office: 340 Midpark Way SE, Suite 300, Calgary, Alberta T2X 1P1
Office Phone: +1-403-455-0380
For more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Should You Apply?
- Industry experience with a high performing team
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development and specialized training available