TRENCHLESS PIPE JACKING IS IDEAL FOR SHALLOW INSTALLATIONS
Where particularly tough ground conditions require manual excavation, Bothar Boring is highly skilled in pipe jacking, another trenchless method for installation of steel pipes and concrete casings. This method is often used for shallow installations under roads, railway tracks and wherever other trenchless methods could cause surface settling or heaving.
PIPE JACKING PROCESS
Jacking involves the horizontal excavation of a tunnel, into which the pipes are inserted segmentally by a hydraulic press that rams each section home with a series of percussive blows. Pipes up to 3500mm internal diameter can be installed this way in ground composed of clay or soft rock.
Bothar has developed unique methods to achieve maximum accuracy during jacking in order to lengthen the jacked distance and control varying ground conditions when installing pipelines, ducts and culverts.
- Useful for shallow installations under roadways and rail tracks
- Minimal area required for shaft construction, allowing for less disruption to surrounding area
- Maximum accuracy for tunnelling with state of the art equipment
- Ability to navigate varying ground conditions including soft rock and clay
- Our tunnel boring machines can install pipes up to 3500mm internal diameter